Monday, June 22, 2009

Yoga Fun!


Hey everyone !
I'm back but i can not find my camera cord to show you all my goodies so instead i will save that when i find my cord.
Today: i did a 30min core yoga class(podcast) it wasn't a flow but it was fun. I also think i had a lot of fun bc i bought a pink yoga mat from Target today! As well as

This is so very yum. I am falling in love with PB more and more 
PB loco chocolate chip cookie dough Peanut butter. I put this on half an English muffin and toasted it with marshmallows in the toaster over so they "roast" sooooooooo gooooooood. TRY THIS NOW!

I know most of you have do yoga and know the basic benefits from yoga but there are A LOT more benefits then flexibility, strength, calmness, posture. Some are...
  •  Pulse rate. A slower pulse rate indicates that your heart is strong enough to pump more blood with fewer beats. Regularly practicing yoga provides a lower pulse rate.
  • Organs. Yoga practice massages internal organs, thus improving the ability of the body to prevent disease. Additionally, an experienced yoga practitioner becomes better attuned to her body to know at first sign if something isn’t functioning properly, thereby allowing for quicker response to head off disease.
  • Energy. Regular yoga practice provides consistent energy. In fact, most yogis state that when you perform your yoga correctly, you will feel energized after your yoga session rather than tired.
  • Sexuality. Yoga can improve your sexuality through better control, more relaxation, and more self-confidence.  ;)
  • Stress Reduction. The concentration required during yoga practice tends to focus your attention on the matter at hand, thereby reducing the emphasis you may have been putting on the stress in your life
  • Self-acceptance. Focusing inward and realizing through your yoga practice that perfection is not the goal, self-acceptance begins to take over
  • Hostility. Most yogis report a huge reduction in the amount of hostility they feel as well as a sense of control when anger flares. This calm effect is likely from the relaxation and meditation that is incorporated in their yoga practice that leads to an overall calming of the nervous system. Less hostility means lower blood pressure and stress and a healthier approach to life
  • Triglycerides. Triglycerides are the chemical form of fat in the blood, and elevated levels can indicate a risk for heart disease and high blood pressure. A recent study shows that yoga can lead to "significantly lower" levels of triglycerides
  • Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps boost immunity, helps produce collagen, and is a powerful antioxidant; and a yoga regimen can increase the vitamin C in your body.
  • Migraines. Regular yoga practice has been shown to reduce the number of migraines in chronic migraine sufferers.
  • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Studies of people with OCD have shown that practicing yoga has lead to a reduction in symptoms–resulting in less medication or medication no longer needed.
  • Reaction timeResearch done in India shows that reaction time can be improved with specific yoga breathing exercises in conjunction with an already established yoga practice. The improvement was attributed to the faster rate of processing and improved concentration gained from yoga.
That is just a small list! in the link there are 77 benefits.
Reasons why i started yoga
  • I wanted to stop "excersising" and just have fun 
  • Need to be more flexible, i have never been able to do a spilt
  • I like dancer,long toned muscles and yoga will create those.
  • I have heard so many good things about yoga from fellow bloggers.
  • I was curious if i would even like it, and i LOVE it! 
Yogadownload.com - alot of free 20min classes some have slides,some do not

Yogatoday.com- every week has a free yoga class,and they do there classes out side to do as well as cheap yoga classes. This free class is called "Happy hips and hamstrings"

go to Itunes podcast for free classes
  • power yoga with Dave Farmer (no pictures so it confuses me but i can not wait to know the postures)
  • YogAmazing-i did the core yoga class with him and it is a video, perfect for beginners

Today i found out what my favorite texture of food is.... Creamy. I L-O-V-E all things creamy. Greek yogurt, Peanut butter,fluff, creamy pies,whipped cream, smoothies, Frozen Yogurt, etc

What is your favorite texture of food?

12 comments:

  1. whatever the texture of bread is! i like what flour can do, in terms of baguettes, cakes and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so in love with this post! I had no idea there were SO MANY benefits of yoga! thanks so much for sharing beautiful :)

    p.s. i definitely saw that yoga mat at target.. so adorable! I can see how that wold make you happy during your practice!

    creamy all the way.. woo woo!

    lots of love, gorgeous!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh fave texture is crunchy (pretzels or chips) and creamy (ice cream or PB) and now I want all of these texturessss pronto! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. creamy food rocks my world- I have to time or patience for cunchy stuff...ice cream, yogurt, smooth PB :D

    the cookie dough PB sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree on loving creamy foods! Especially custard.

    thanks for posting the benefits of yoga, I haven't pracitced a lot, but it feels so great when you're in a twist or something you enjoy doing and you are appreciative of your body.

    Need to try the cookie dough PB!

    americangourmande.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't pb loco just the best brand!? Im obsessed with their Dark Chocolate Duo! Too good for words :)
    thanks for the yoga facts!!
    Im def. a crunchy girl. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creamy I think. It's hard to tell... I just love food in general! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite food textures would be crisps with dip, something crunchy with creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm that pb, toasted marshmallow, english muffin combo sounds heavenly!

    I think it's great you're getting into yoga girl, i'm sure you'll start reaping all it's benefits very soon! Anddd, my fave texture has recently been either crunchy or smooth...which totally applys to peanut butter, 100 %. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a fav texture of food. I like a combo of ALL textures: creamy, crunchy, chewy.
    YAY yoga! I'm definitely taking yoga classes once I get into college!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you like yoga :-)

    that peanut butter sounds soooooooo good!

    http://strivingforbalance.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love yoga too!! Great post! That peanut butter sounds delicious. God, now I want some!

    ReplyDelete