Friday, June 19, 2009

I've got it good

thought i already posted this! i guess it sliped my mind bc i am very sick all the sudden. ugggg 
It's Friday!!!

Today zoe and I went to the airport to pick up a lady and we drove around from 12:30-2:30  and didn't get back home till almost 5!! And now my tummy is upset and i got a fever., uggg. I think it was the fruit i got from the gas station. I was starving at 2 since i hadn't had anything to eat since 10am, and zoe got fast food fried shrimp with french fires and corn fritter.  i had two fries and dint want to eat anymore so we stopped and got a huge hing of fruity. I ate it all (no pic sorry) but now i don't think that was a good choice.lol 

But this morning brekkie was very yummy. I tried a new product.

I have never had Indian food but this was very good, i added most of it to oat bran, and some cheese on top. It was good, but i don't think i will buy it again just because it was too salty for my liking. But a great filling meal nonetheless, i was fine until 2! 

the rest of the day has been a lot of fruit(grapes,kiwi,mango,cantaloupe,cherries) and lots of unsweet tea.

I tried to do yoga podcast which was rated high but i do not know names of poses so got very confused 10min in. I got to do my research. 
After getting frustrated bc i didn't work out today zoe and i went too his neighborhood pool to just play and have fun.

Things i learned about myself in the past couple days
  1. I do not like feeling stuffed, i used to eat until i was stuffed(mostly dinner)
  2. sweets(like chocolate/sugar/etc) make me feel queasy,but it hard not to cave.
  3. I get frustrated if there is no healthy options around on the verge of tears?!!? I just sometimes freak out bc i think i will "gain weight" or what not. This is absurd since i am active,walking a lot,exercising approx 4 times a week,eating healthy and could gain a couple Lbs and have nothing to worry about.
  4. I still worry about how much i am eating and if i am working out enough! 
  5. My life is great, sometimes i think life sucks but i need to remember how good i have it compared to so many other people. i have a house,family,boyfriend,car, touch screen cell phone, enough money to blow at whole foods, I am going to a great university in the fall! So what if i don't have a job,or 4 pack abs.
What made me realize #5 is on zoe and i drive today. We drove through the poverty side of West palm beach and when we stopped at a 7/11 i saw a homeless man IN a dumpster trying to find food/what nots that people through out. My heart broke for this man and I talked to zoe about how good we have it and that our friends need to come down here and then say if thier life sucks or not.
 
I am going to make one of the operation beautiful cards and ill put it up on my next post tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. happy Friday!

    Sounds like some great realisations this week :) and more stuff to build on/keep learning and experimenting with...

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!

    Good that you're able to realize these things :) I know it's way easier said than done, but don't be so hard on yourself. Some times we have to treat ourselves the same way we would treat a friend - with compassion.

    p.s. They have some yoga downloads that include a guided visual along with the audio.

    p.s.s. WPB is so close to where my parents live.

    Have a great weekend!

    -Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just bought that meal yesterday and am so excited to try it!!
    i never thought to add it over oatbran! thats a great idea!

    no healthy options = my stress levels soars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful, girl.. especially number 5.. i agree- sometimes i get down and compare myself to other people but i've realized that i am so fortunate for the things i DO have in my life and it is much more productive to appreciate what i have rather than focusing so intently on what i don't.. thanks for sharing, Nicole =)

    love you!
    Jenny*

    ReplyDelete
  5. God will never give us anything more than we can handle!
    ps- I've been on the verge of tears due to lack of healthy food options many times. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you feel better girly :( Tomorrow is a brand new day and the start of a fresh new week! <3

    ReplyDelete